Now Virtual! 2021 BSA & AML Update Seminar
The safety of our members is our highest priority. This program has been converted to a virtual format.
Patti Joyner is returning to lead our compliance experts through the various updates in BSA and AML. This program is designed to enhance the skills of your Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and Anti‐Money Laundering (AML) support staﬀ, your independent audit team, and any personnel responsible for managing and maintaining a strong BSA and AML program. Expand your staﬀ’s understanding and expertise in some of the most critical skills they will ever possess – skills that can protect your profits in these very challenging times of tight margins and sustained high expectations! Exam findings indicate we need to strengthen our compliance management program!
Patti Joyner of Financial Solutions will lead our program to discover new and improved solutions to the ever‐expanding regulatory challenges. She will discuss the latest developments regarding risk assessment, criminal activity patterns indicating increased problems and the bank’s reporting responsibilities that accompany those scenarios. Join us for the review of an updated and expanded risk assessment methodology including the required elements for documenting your bank’s risk assessment. Learn from others’ mistakes by reviewing the latest BSA/AML enforcement actions and how the criminals and terrorists are expanding their use of electronic payment methods, prepaid cards and just about anything else they can get their hands on! Attendees will pick up new tricks and tips to maximize their programs designed to comply with these very important issues facing every financial institution. We’ll learn, we’ll laugh, and we’ll vent a little. Most importantly, we’ll be ready to face the latest version of BSA and AML challenges with a few more eﬀective tools.
Confirmed topics will include:
- 2020 Year in Review and 2021 BSA/AML Priorities
- Managing 2021 Change Management Response
- Banking Marijuana and Hemp Businesses in 2021
- Impact of National Defense Authorization Act of 2021
- U.S. State Department 2020 Trafficking in Persons Report
- OFAC 2019 Terrorist Assets Report
- IRS Criminal Investigations 2020 Report
- Update on COVID-19, Unemployment Insurance, and PPP Fraud
- FinCEN FIN-2020-NTC4 COVID-19 Scam Alert and Other Recent FinCEN Advisories
- FTC Consumer Tips for Avoiding COVID-19 Vaccine Scams
- Updated FATF COVID-19 Report
- What’s Up with Banking Agencies Notices of Proposed Rule Amending its SAR Regulations?
- FinCEN Proposes Virtual Currency and Digital Assets Rule
- Agencies Clarify BSA Due Diligence Requirements for Charities, Non-Profits, and PEPs
- U.S. Law Enforcement Action Against Money Mules in Global Crackdown on Money Laundering
- IRS’s Identity Projection PIN Opt-In Program
- New NACHA Rule on Participants with Egregious Violations Effective 1/1/2021
- FinCEN’s New 314(b) Fact Sheet and Guidance
- Recent BSA Civil Money Penalties and Enforcement Actions
Attendees will receive the digital manual that can be downloaded and printed, in addition to the OnDemand recording for the program.
Patti Joyner – Financial Solutions
Patti Joyner is a dynamic speaker and leader with strong, intuitive management skills, and a deep conviction that “excellence is not optional.” She has extensive experience in working with financial institutions, bank data processors and governmental agencies. Patti has more than 35 years of experience in the financial industry as an entrepreneur and financial institution executive. She is a Certified Public Accountant, skilled regulatory compliance consultant, bank operations specialist, system automation designer and an enthusiastic regulatory compliance instructor who believes in providing real-world solutions ready for immediate implementation.
Patti founded Financial Solutions in 1990 to offer financial institutions complete, cost-effective regulatory compliance solutions, thereby eliminating an institution’s need to rush to increase overhead. The company specializes in providing regulatory compliance assistance for financial institutions through policies, programs, on-site compliance reviews and customized training.