2021 Regulatory Compliance School
The safety of our members is our highest priority. This program will take place as scheduled, and will be converted into a webinar format depending on CDC and NCDHHS guidelines. In-person seating is limited, and attendees will be required to adhere to NCBA and hotel COVID-19 policies.
There will be a virtual participation option for this program.
This training for in-person attendees will take place at the NCBA Office in Raleigh, NC.
Address: 33601 Haworth Drive
Raleigh, North Carolina 27609-7218
The training for virtual attendees will take place via Zoom. Attendees will receive the link 24 hours in advance.
Full Program: $1,400 (Early Bird – 10/18) / $1,450 (Regular – After 10/18)
Deposit Compliance Only: $475 (Early Bird – 10/18) / $525 (Regular – After 10/18)
Lending Compliance Only: $1,150 (Early Bird – 10/18) / $1,200 (Regular – After 10/18)
This program is being presented by TCA. The Regulatory Compliance School is geared towards establishing a strong knowledge base for compliance professionals. Their unique approach is comprehensive and lauded by attendees as an effective, interactive, and fun way to learn about compliance. This program will be broken into two parts: Deposit Compliance and Lending Compliance.
Day 1: Deposit Compliance
Consumer deposit products, services, and delivery methods have changed dramatically due to the Dodd-Frank Act. Regulatory amendments and new interpretations have created an extremely complex deposit environment. This program provides a comprehensive discussion on critical deposit account rules and discusses the implications of UDAAP and the subjectivity of enforcement. Compliance officers and personal bankers will be better prepared to identify solutions in the deposit account front-line sales and operations areas. Specific topics for this day include:
- Reg D: Account Definitions
- Reg E: Electronic Funds Transfer Act
- Reg CC: Expedited Funds Availability Act
- Reg P: Privacy and Information Sharing “Opt Outs”
- Reg S: Right to Financial Privacy
- Fair Credit Reporting Act/ID Theft “Red Flags”
- Reg DD: Truth in Savings Accounts (TISA)
- Courtesy Overdraft Programs
Days 2 – 4: Lending Compliance
Consumer loan product regulations are more complex and detailed than ever, with more significant changes and guidance becoming effective at regular intervals. With greater scrutiny comes higher risk of noncompliance and the likelihood of enforcement action and/or civil money penalties. This program offers a comprehensive discussion of consumer compliance regulations and effective assessment methods. Specific topics for these days include:
- Reg B: Equal Credit Opportunity Act
- Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Unfair, Deceptive, or Abusive Acts or Practices (UDAAP)
- Flood Disaster Protection Act
- Reg C: Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA)
- Reg Z: Truth in Lending Act
- Reg X: Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA)
- Homeowners Protection Act (PMI)
- Reg Z: TILA-RESPA Integrated Disclosures
- Military Lending Act
Stay tuned for speaker details!
The NCBA has secured a corporate rate at the Raleigh North Hills Hilton, which is $182/night. To make a reservation at this discounted rate, please use the link below.