Future Bank Leaders Program
The NCBA has partnered with Historically Black Colleges & Universities (HBCUs) and NC banks on the Future Bank Leaders program. The goal of this initiative is to attract undergraduates to the dynamic world of modern banking.
The program offers vast resources to partnering HBCUs, including:
- Introduction to the key concepts of banking and credit
- Opportunity for students to earn the industry-recognized Risk Management Association (RMA) Credit Essentials Certificate (CEC)
- Faculty support via bankers as guest instructors
- Electronic materials including instructor guides, textbooks, workbooks, case studies
- Mentoring from senior bank leaders
- Networking with peers and banking professionals
- One-on-one career guidance
The benefits of the Future Bank Leaders program are available at no cost to HBCUs and students. Those earning the CEC certificate typically have a nine-month advantage in knowledge and skill set compared to those that don’t, which often leads to higher starting salaries at banks. The result is greater opportunities for these students to secure quality jobs upon graduation, as they begin their journey to achieving sustained success in the banking industry.
For banks, there is tremendous value in assisting HBCU students in launching exciting, rewarding careers in banking because this supports their talent management strategies by providing a pipeline of emerging, high-caliber, diverse future leaders. It also creates opportunities for current executives to engage, mentor and impact HBCU students.
For more information and to participate in the Future Bank Leaders program, please contact John Sullivan (919-236-3246 or email@example.com).